Christmas Shopping in Brighton
Published: Saturday 22nd Nov 2014
Written by: Abi Radford
It is that time of year again to start thinking about Christmas Shopping! I know so many people that dread going shopping for Christmas presents but I love it and in Brighton there is such a good atmosphere around Christmas that it is a fun (and successful) day out. Brighton has turned into a winter wonderland with its sparkling Christmas lights so this will definitely help get you in the mood for some festive shopping! Here is a list of some shopping related events to visit this year in Brighton, and some tips to help you have a stress- free shopping experience.
German-style Christmas Market
Each year wooden cabins arrive outside the front of Churchill Square shopping centre which make you feel like you have been transported into a German Christmas Market. They are back this year and are packed with festive ambience. You can find quirky and original stocking fillers from jewellery to hats and scarves and also take a break from shopping and get a mulled wine, crepe or German Bratwurst to keep you warm whilst shopping.
Visit Father Christmas at Churchill Square Shopping Centre – 28th November – 24th December
Christmas is an exciting time for everyone – but especially for the children. Santa’s grotto will be open once again at Churchill Square shopping centre from the 28th November – 24th December. Children will be greeted by elves and taken on a magical journey through the North Pole to meet Father Christmas. This is always very popular and well worth it to see the smiles on the children’s faces! The attraction will cost £5 per child and this covers entry to the grotto, a gift, and a photo with Father Christmas!
Putting on the Glitz – Thursday 4th December 5pm – 9pm
Churchill Square shopping centre will be holding an exclusive Christmas shopping evening on Thursday 4th December from 5pm – 9pm. Stores will be offering special discounts and there will also be entertainment to get you in the Christmas mood. This will definitely be a good chance to tick some presents off the list!
Top Tips for a stress-free shopping experience
1) Go shopping with someone else – you will have more fun, be able to help each other with ideas, and you can take a well-deserved break for a cup of coffee!
2) Don’t leave your shopping until last minute, otherwise you will end up buying presents that people don’t really want.
3) Make a list of things you want to buy before you leave the house – this way you have a plan and won’t end up buying more than you want or need.
4) Be original with presents – more often than not people will appreciate the thought that goes into them more than what the present actually is.
5) Check the opening hours of the shopping centre – around Christmas Churchill Square opens until late into the evening which is usually quieter than going at the weekends!